RD-03 V1.1 Gaseous Fire Suppression Systems Actuators
Identifying actuators used on gaseous suppression system
cylinders, and making sure they are in the "set" position prior to
installation is critical to working safely with gaseous cylinders.
Technician need to be able to:
- Identify whether an actuator is resettable or not;
- Recognise if the actuator is in the "fired" or "set"
- Recognise any potential danger in handling the actuator;
- Select and use the correct resetting tool; and thereby
- Prevent accidental discharge of the cylinder which could cause
injury to yourself and others and release the gas to
This document has been published to assist technician's identify
types of actuators used on the most commonly installed gaseous
suppression systems in Australia.
RD-03 Gaseous Fire Suppression Systems
(Adobe PDF File)
*Preview copy only (includes only the tables of contents, if
applicable, and the purpose statement).
FPA Australia members can download full copies of these
documents from CONNECT.
The FPA Australia Board has recently decided to also allow
access to full copies of these documents to non-FPA Australia
members however to obtain full copies of these documents you will
need to email firstname.lastname@example.org advising what your interest in
the document is (this is to assist FPA Australia to identify who is
using our documents and why).