What do Technical Committees do?
Fundamental to FPA Australia and the continued development of
the broader fire protection industry is the management of the
Technical Advisory Committees (TACs) and Special Interest Groups
(SIGs), which come under the umbrella of the National Technical
Advisory Committee (NTAC).
These TACs and SIGs consist of volunteers from the membership
with an interest in particular areas of fire protection and a
commitment to advance the industry.
The function of these TACs is to:
- Improve the quality of products and services in the
- Provide input into the development of industry guidelines and
- Contribute to the technical policies and documentation of the
- Assist in the preparation of submissions to regulatory
- Support the broader fire protection industry with expert
- Review training competencies
The function of these SIGs is to:
- Provide a forum for members with aligned interests, keeping
them up to date and facilitating communication on technical,
standards, regulatory, safety and community safety issues
- Develop relationships and links to industry and government
- Improve the flow of industry specific fire safety information
to all members